Reconnecting people and their marine environment is at the heart of our Wild Beach ethos. With over 90 miles of coast stretching from Rye Harbour to West Wittering it's a wild space for learning with plenty of access.
We recognise the vital importance of promoting an understanding of the natural world and see the Wild Beach programme as an ideal medium for delivery.
Our trainers are experienced providers of environmental education, and have been delivering Forest School programmes to Sussex children from schools, nurseries and youth and community groups since 2005.
“May I just say a huge thank you for organising such an inspirational two days. I have been buzzing about it since the course and can’t wait to get this rolled out at our school. I have rarely been on such an engaging course and your enthusiasm is really infectious!”— Wild Beach Participant,
Wild Beach Leader Training
Cost of training:
- Seven Sisters - September 2017 £350
- Pett Level - October 2017 £350
- Brighton - April 2018 £350
- Pett Level - May 2018 £350
- Seven Sisters Country Park - September 2018 £350
Level 3 course (accredited by Open College Network, West Midlands)
Three days of experiential learning on the beach.
Course consists of 3 units:
- Keeping safe on the beach
- Practical skills on the beach
- Understanding the beach environment
Areas of learning include:
- Risk benefit analysis
- Understanding tides
- Shelter, games and activities
- Marine wildlife identification
- Cooking outdoors
- Sustainability and marine conservation zones
- Seven Sisters – Wednesday 13 to Friday 15 September 2017
- Pett Level – Wednesday 11 to Friday 13 October 2017
- Brighton – Tuesday 24- Thursday 26 April 2018
- Pett Level – Tuesday 8 to Thursday 10 May 2018
- Seven Sisters - Tuesday 18 to Thursday 20 September 2018
Workbook to be submitted within six months of course start date
To book your place
Please contact Nikki Hills using the form below or call Mike Murphy on 01273 497517 and leave a message and we will call you back as soon as we can.