Reconnecting people and their marine environment is at the heart of our Wild Beach ethos. With over 90 miles of coast stretching from Rye Harbour to West Wittering it's a wild space for learning with plenty of access.
We recognise the vital importance of promoting an understanding of the natural world and see the Wild Beach programme as an ideal medium for delivery.
Our trainers are experienced providers of environmental education, and have been delivering Forest School programmes to Sussex children from schools, nurseries and youth and community groups since 2005.
“I have rarely been on such an engaging course and your enthusiasm is really infectious!”— Wild Beach Participant
Wild Beach Leader Training
Level 3 course (accredited by Open College Network, West Midlands)
Three days of experiential learning on the beach.
- Brighton – Tuesday 12 May to Thursday 14 May 2020 - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
- Seaford Head – Monday 29 June to Wednesday 1 July 2020 - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
- Eastbourne – Wednesday 23 September to Friday 25 September 2020
Workbook to be submitted within six months of course start date
Course consists of 3 units:
- Keeping safe on the beach
- Practical skills on the beach
- Understanding the beach environment
Areas of learning include:
- Risk benefit analysis
- Understanding tides
- Shelter, games and activities
- Marine wildlife identification
- Cooking outdoors
- Sustainability and marine conservation zones
Cost of training: £350
To apply for a place
Please contact Nikki Hills using the form below or call Mike Murphy on 01273 497517 and leave a message and we will call you back as soon as we can.