Wilder Horsham District
Wilder Horsham District is an innovative five-year partnership between Sussex Wildlife Trust and Horsham District Council working to deliver a Nature Recovery Network for Horsham District. Working closely with local communities and landowners, we aim to reverse the decline in species and habitats and enrich the natural environment for all residents and visitors.
Please read our Nature Recovery Network document, where we set out how a Nature Recovery Network could be developed across Horsham District.
The objectives of this project are to:
- Help wildlife thrive across the Horsham District
- Create networks of land that are protected and enhanced for wildlife, to allow habitats to expand and for species populations to increase which will ensure that they are resilient to change
- Increase awareness of actions that communities can take to improve their local natural environment and the benefits that wildlife provides
- Maximise the opportunities that protecting and enhancing wildlife brings for climate change mitigation and adaptation
As the first partnership of its kind in the South East Region, we wish to demonstrate how a Nature Recovery Network can be delivered successfully. By working together, we can achieve the vision for a network that benefits both people and wildlife.
How Can I Get Involved?
- If you are a landowner, Parish Council, or community group interested in helping to develop the Nature Recovery Network, please get in touch to learn how we can support you through site visits, ecological advice, management plans, project ideas, and much more.
- Seeking funding for a conservation project? Apply to our Nature Recovery Award for up to £5,000 for projects that contribute to the Nature Recovery Network.
- Become a part of delivering the Nature Recovery Network as a Wilder Horsham District Volunteer! New work party and survey volunteers are always welcome.
- Create space for wildlife in your garden. Wherever you live, your garden can become a vital part of connecting habitats and helping to form our District-wide Nature Recovery Network. Have a look at our wildlife-friendly gardening resources and pick an idea that takes your fancy!
In this section
Nature Recovery Award
Funding is available to support landowners and community groups wishing to expand and improve networks for wildlife across the Horsham District landscape.
Horsham District Nature Recovery Network
Read our document that sets out how a Nature Recovery Network could be achieved across the Horsham District.
Wilder Horsham District Volunteers
Find out more about the work of our work party and survey volunteers, and how to join in yourself.