Sussex Wildlife Trust offers advice on how to make land more natural for wildlife across Sussex. Each year we advise thousands of hectares of land on wilding, natural processes, beavers, sustainable farming and much more. We have a small team of advisors who offer the following services:-
- Professional advice on land management with nature in mind
- Site visits to your land to discuss your needs
- Whole farm wildlife surveys with recommendations in an individually tailored advice pack
- Advice on integrating appropriate conservation management (or wilding) options into your own land management practices
- Specialisms in woodland, wetland/river, meadow and coastal management
- Advice on wilding, the creation of ecological networks, the restoration of natural processes, living landscapes, natural capital, regenerative agriculture and permaculture.
- Working in partnership with a wide range of organisations so we can help you to access advice and funding from a range of other sources
We have worked with all kinds of landowners, including smallholders, traditional farms, estates, community enterprises, woodland owners, equine businesses, and a number of local authorities and corporations. You may also wish to download our free leaflet on How to manage a Smallholding for Wildlife.
If you are interested in further wildlife advice then please contact Wildcall. It helps us if you can send a map showing the outline of your land holding, and a brief summary of the advice you need and why.
PLEASE NOTE : Our staff time is limited, so we may not respond to your enquiry immediately. Your request for advice may be placed in a waiting list until we are able to respond.
The following information may also be useful :-
- Information about planning law, wildlife and planning, and planning enquiries
- Information about Local Wildlife Sites can be directed to email@example.com
- Natural flood management advice on the Ouse river catchment can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information on Parish mapping can be found here.