Sussex Wildlife Trust offers advice on how to restore nature across Sussex. We advise on nature friendly farming, Nature Recovery Networks, wilding and natural processes, Climate resilience, species recovery, and much more.
We work with all kinds of land including smallholdings, traditional farms, large estates, community enterprises, woodland owners, local authorities and businesses. Our advice is independent, innovative and tailored to your individual needs.
The following are services that we can offer:-
- Professional advice, from highly skilled advisors on land management with nature in mind
- Site visits to your land to discuss your needs
- Informative maps to help you interpret your land and its value for wildlife
- Whole farm/site recommendations on how to take action for nature
- Advice on how you can join or integrate your land in to local nature recovery networks
- Forward thinking ideas on climate adaptation and alternative ways of delivering more nature.
- Links to a wide range of projects and organisations so we can help you to access advice and funding from a range of other sources
The following information may also be useful:
- Our planning law, wildlife and planning, and planning enquiries pages
- Information on Parish mapping here.
- This leaflet on how to manage a smallholding for wildlife
- Information on hedgehogs, pollinators, wildlife gardening, ponds and much more can be found on our WildCall page