In the light of Government advice, Sussex Wildlife Trust has decided to cancel all events in March. We will review the situation in due course.
Thank you for your understand and patience.
Our programme of weekly parent and child groups:
- Mondays: Chesworth Farm, Horsham (Age 3-5)
- Tuesdays: Woods Mill, Henfield & Stanmer Park, Brighton (Age 3-5)
- Wednesdays: Woods Mill, Henfield, Seven Sisters Country Park, Seaford/Eastbourne & Rye Bay (Age 3-5)
- Thursdays: Tilgate Park, Crawley (Age 3-5)
- Fridays: Stanmer Park, Brighton (Age 3-5)
- Saturdays: Monthly groups at Woods Mill, Henfield & Stanmer Park, Brighton (Age 3-6)
Nature Tots is a Forest School programme developed specifically for pre-school age children, providing a wonderful opportunity for your little ones to experience and learn from nature. We engage children in hands-on outdoor activities themed around wildlife. Tots are encouraged to tackle woodland craft skills for themselves, and gain a sense of achievement from successfully completing tasks such as using a bow saw and bit and brace drill to make their own name disk to take home. The sessions will encourage independent learning and team working – all of which will help to boost communication skills, problem solving, physical development and creativity. This is child-led learning and the role of the accompanying adults is to assist the Tots in doing as much of the task for themselves as possible. Sessions are booked in blocks of 4-7, in line with school half terms, and the cost works out at £8 per session for Family Members of the Trust, and £9 per session for non-members.
We go outside rain or shine, so please dress for the weather and be ready to get wet and muddy! It is essential that the children are appropriately dressed as the temperature can be a little cooler in the woods, long trousers and stout shoes or boots are recommended. So why not come along and give it a go!