Volunteer Nature Tots Group
- Woods Mill Nature Reserve near Henfield; Seven Sisters Country Park near Seaford; Tilgate Park near Crawley; Rye Bay; Chesworth Farm near Horsham; and Stanmer Park near Brighton
- Overview of the role:
- Working alongside an experienced Sussex Wildlife Trust Forest School practitioner to help deliver the Nature Tots programme aimed at connecting preschool children and accompanying parent/carer with wildlife and the natural environment.
- Type of tasks you will be involved with:
- Leading small groups of three or four children aged 3-5 in woodcraft activities. Assisting with group games, crafts and activities. Demonstrating tasks to small groups, praising the children's efforts and engaging with the parents to share your enthusiasm for and knowledge of the natural world. Assisting with set-up and packing away.
- Experience/Skills Required:
- Essential: Portable DBS, or this can be arranged when you become a regular volunteer. Desirable: Experience in assisting with Forest School or other preschool children's outdoor activities. Suitable First Aid Qualification. Lots of enthusiasm!
- Days/Times we would like you to be available:
- One morning a week during school term, approx 09:00 - 13:00.
- Benefits to volunteer & possible training opportunities:
- Gaining valuable experience as a Forest School practitioner, working alongside an experienced practitioner with the leading provider in Sussex. And it's a lot of fun! Travel expenses where applicable.
For further information, contact email@example.com with 'Volunteer for Nature Tots' in the subject or call 01273 497500
Please state which Nature Tots location you would be interested in volunteering at.