A Sit Spot is a spot where you can observe and connect with nature.
Find a spot where you can observe and connect with nature
This could be somewhere you are drawn to, in your garden, on your doorstep or sitting at an open window.
Once you have chosen you spot, get comfortable.
- Think about what you can see.
- Look up at the sky.
- Look down at the ground.
- Close your eyes for a while.
- What can you hear, feel and smell?
- The more time you spend in your sit spot, the more you will notice about your surroundings.
- Visit your spot regularly and at different times of day.
- Do you notice changes in atmosphere, new growth or decay?
- Do you notice changes in the sky, creatures that visit, tiny details you have previously overlooked?
- You might like to write notes or draw your observations.