Who is this course for?
This course is designed for individuals wishing to assist with the delivery of a forest school programme.
- Participants should be over 18 years of age and have experience of working with young people
Course Cost: £475
Four days of training in theory and practice to cover
- Supporting Learning and Development at Forest School
- Practical skills for the Forest school Assistant
Training days run from 9.30am – 4.30pm. This is largely an outdoor course
A Level 2 workbook which should be completed within 12 months of the start of the course
As part of the coursework you will need to assist with at least three forest school sessions run by a Level 3 qualified Forest School Leader and independently complete your observations and record of support.
The Level 2 course will prepare you with the skills to effectively support a Forest School Leader in the delivery of Forest school sessions. We will discuss the Forest school approach to learning and a positive attitude to taking risk.. Practical skills covered will include safe lighting, management and use of a campfire in a Forest School setting, safe use of a range of hand tools and a variety of games and activities. Also covered will be the identification of woodland flora and fauna, and sustainable use of a woodland within the context of Forest schools. The course will be run on Forest School principles, so you will see the Forest School ethos in action.
Will this course lead to an accreditation?
On successful completion of the course you will be awarded a OCNWMR Level 2 Award in Forest School Programme Support (QCF)
Please note that the Level 2 qualification will not entitle you to lead your own Forest School sessions in local woodlands. If you would like to know more about Level 3 Forest School Leader training courses, please contact us.
What will I need for the course?
Please make sure you bring the following with you each day:
- Packed lunch, cup and snacks
- Suitable outdoor clothing for the weather conditions (trousers, not shorts)
- Stout shoes or boots. Please do not wear sandals.
- A camera can be useful for recording some of the activities.
We will be provide:
- Tea coffee and biscuits
- All required paperwork
- All tools and equipment for the outdoor tasks
(N.B. For a variety of reasons we would ask you not to bring your own tools)
Course Dates 2021 - £475
- Monday 1st to Thursday 4th March 2021: Tilgate Park, Crawley, West Sussex
- Monday 26th to Thursday 29th April 2021: Tilgate Park, Crawley, West Sussex
- Monday 13th to Thursday 16th September 2021: Tilgate Park, Crawley, West Sussex