In addition to the work of the Sussex Flow Initiative, there are a many other projects being run across the country.
Below are just a few of the incredible projects being running by communities, farmers and other organisations:
- The Stroud Rural SuDs - is an innovative Natural Flood Management project working to reduce flood risk and restore biodiversity throughout the catchment of the River Frome and its tributaries.
- Pontbren Farmers - is a farmer led approach to protect and enhance soils and landscape through addition of trees, hedgerows and other measures.
- Pumlumon Project - is a pioneering, science-based project to revive the ecology and economy of the Welsh uplands.
- Slowing the Flow at Pickering - is a Natural Flood Management project using leaky woody dams and other measures to reduce flood peak in Pickering.
- Wild Ennerdale - aims to allow the evolution of Ennerdale as a wild valley for the benefit of people, relying more on natural processes to shape its landscape and ecology.