Ocean Symposium 2021 Saturday, 2nd October 2021 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
2021 is an important year for marine conservation with the United Nations launching the Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development (2021 – 2030). To link with and support the Decade, the United Nations Association Climate & Oceans, in collaboration with Sussex Wildlife Trust, are hosting the Ocean Symposium 2021.
This will be the launch event of the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development in the United Kingdom as well as the launch event of The Sussex Blue Charter. An event not to be missed!!
Live from the stunning Durbar Hall at the Hastings Museum & Art Gallery: we have world class speakers, presentations, local and global science, underwater films, and a global collection to explore.
If you want to attend in-person, make sure to book soon to avoid disappointment
Click here for online tickets (external link)
Click here for in-person tickets SOLD OUT
The event is being sponsored by RS Aqua
- Dr Ian Hendy - Senior Lecturer, Institute of Marine Sciences, University of Portsmouth/ Head of Conservation, The Blue Marine Foundation - "Tropical marine ecosystems, ocean acidification and the climate crisis"
- Dr Corina Ciocan, Senior Lecturer, Centre for Aquatic Environments, University of Brighton - "Marine micro plastic pollution in Sussex"
- Tim Dapling, Chief Fisheries & Conservation Officer, Sussex Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority - "Sussex IFCA's Nearshore Trawling Byelaw explained"
- Nadia Frontier, Marine Biologist/ Researcher, speaking live through Zoom from Rothera Research Station, Antarctica (British Antarctic Survey) - "Diving into Antarctic benthic ecosystems".
- Nathan Hunt & Phoebe Chadwick, RS Aqua Ltd. Speakers - "Cutting Edge Marine Technology and Ocean Science"
- Nikki Hills - Project Manager, Sussex Wildlife Trust - Wild Coast Sussex project
- Sam Hickling MSc, Oceanographer at ARC Marine Ltd - "Marine innovation "
- Youth Presentation - UNA Youth Ambassadors