Landscape Innovation Conference - Brighton (23/01/20) Thursday, 23rd January 2020 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Booking is now closed for this event and the waiting list is full.
Sussex Wildlife Trust & University of Sussex invite you to a multi-stakeholder conference
at University of Sussex, Falmer Campus
Why attend the Landscape Innovation Conference?
- Are you concerned about climate breakdown and the extinction crisis? And have you declared a climate emergency but don’t know what actions to take to remedy it?
- Do you need inspiration about how to build resilient communities which are adaptable to climate change?
- Are you looking for new land management options that better meet both wildlife and society’s needs?
- Are you concerned about how your farm or business will thrive in a changing world? And do you want to go from producing food, to producing natural capital?
- Do you want to work with young people and local innovators, to find solutions to climate and biodiversity issues?
- Do you want to create new links and partnerships across a range of communities and disciplines?
In the context of climate collapse, biodiversity declines, social challenges, entrenched farming systems and a faltering model of economic growth our Landscape Innovation Conference aims to stimulate new approaches to land and community that can meet the complex requirements of the 21st Century. We want to generate positive discussion and solutions based future designs and inspire new partnerships and actions.
For more details please contact Julia Hoare
- Bella Lack ~ Conservation Advocate
- David Saddington ~ Climate Change Communicator and Environmentalist
- Alastair Driver ~ Rewilding Specialist
- Chris Williams ~ New Economics Foundation
- Robert Reed ~ Sustainable Agriculture Promoter
- Jenny Phelps ~ Farm Conservation Advisor
- Jake Fiennes ~ Estate Conservation Manager
- Dr Tony Whitbread ~ Independent Ecologist
- Alistair Gould - Resilient Communities
Read Speaker Biographies
Refreshments, snacks and lunch will be provided; please let us know whether you have any food intolerances, are vegetarian or vegan in the Food Options box when booking.
All events will be managed and ticketed by Sussex Wildlife Trust and hosted by the University of Sussex in collaboration with the Sussex Sustainability Research Program. Wilder Sussex is a programme of the Sussex Wildlife Trust developed to promote great places to live that are good for people and good for wildlife.
The cost of this conference reflects our desire for It to be affordable for all. Please contact us directly if the price is prohibitive.
Booking closes on 13 January 2020.