Mindfulness in Nature (29/06/2019) Saturday, 29th June 2019 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Mindfulness is the practice of maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment.
When we practice mindfulness, our thoughts tune into what we’re sensing in the present moment rather than rehashing the past or imagining the future or telling ourselves judgemental stories about "me", "others" and the world we live in.
Nature is the perfect partner in developing this state of mind and way of being.
This workshop will take you on a gentle journey to train your mind and body to be more fully present to all that is going on both inside you, your thoughts and emotions, and in your environment, through the wonderful world of nature.
You will reap the rewards of greater relaxation, mental clarify, physical wellbeing and a rich enjoyment of every moment of your day.
• be guided in short exercises to focus your attention more fully on the thoughts, emotions and sensations of your own body
• spend guided time on your own into the enchanting Hoe Wood (not normally accessible to the public) learning to pay attention to the richness in everything around you through all your senses
• take time for reflection and discussion of the experiences
• learn some background behind the practices and how to apply them in nature and in everyday life
• By the end of the day, you will have:
• a deeper understanding of what mindfulness is and how to practice it in your daily life
• increased relaxation, awareness, creativity and resourcefulness
• the beginnings of a different perspective on the human place in the natural world
Woods Mill Nature Reserve, Henfield, West Sussex, BN5 9SD