Shoresearch - Littlehampton (18/9/17) Monday, 18th September 2017 3:30 PM - 6:00 PM
West Beach, Littlehampton is part of the Local Nature Reserve and the Climping Beach Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI), which has national protection. The site includes sand flats, shingle, sand dunes and a large wooden groyne which is the focal point of the survey.
Shoresearch is a volunteer scheme to identify and record animals, plants and habitats along our shoreline. The aim of the project is to build a baseline of data on intertidal wildlife around Sussex to help promote its conservation.
For surveys, please bring:
- Appropriate clothing for weather conditions on the day (warm clothing and waterproof trousers are often useful; sun protection)
- Sturdy footwear – wellies or other waterproof footwear, preferably with good ankle support
- Drinking water
- A hand lens is useful, if you have one
- Washing-up gloves are useful for poking about in rock-pools in cold weather!
- Collins Pocket Guide to the Sea Shore of Britain and Northern Europe is a useful field guide (although not essential)
Meeting Point: West Beach car park
Nearest Postcode: BN17 5DL
Map Ref: TQ028010