Shoresearch - Bexhill (6/9/17) Wednesday, 6th September 2017 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Bexhill This site was introduced to Shoresearch in 2016 as a site within the Beachy Head East rMCZ. The site consists of shingle, wooden groynes and a rocky shore in the lower part.
Shoresearch is a volunteer scheme to identify and record animals, plants and habitats along our shoreline. The aim of the project is to build a baseline of data on intertidal wildlife around Sussex to help promote its conservation.
For surveys, please bring:
- Appropriate clothing for weather conditions on the day (warm clothing and waterproof trousers are often useful; sun protection)
- Sturdy footwear – wellies or other waterproof footwear, preferably with good ankle support
- Drinking water
- A hand lens is useful, if you have one
- Washing-up gloves are useful for poking about in rock-pools in cold weather!
- Collins Pocket Guide to the Sea Shore of Britain and Northern Europe is a useful field guide (although not essential)
Meeting Point: Bandstand/Shelter East of Bexhill sailing club on De la Warr Parade
Nearest Postcode: TN40 1JX
Map Ref: TQ745070