Introduction to Waders on Autumn Migration (01/09/17) Friday, 1st September 2017 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The day will start with an introduction, followed by a talk on:
- Waders migration and where and when to see them
- Techniques in identifying them in autumn and winter plumage
- Short walk to look over the Sidlesham Ferry pools
- Techniques in wader Identification
- Migration behaviour
- Waders likely to be seen around Pagham Harbour during autumn migration
After lunch we will visit Church Norton, which is a short 10-minute drive from the centre to look at waders in the harbour.
Suitable for people with a little knowledge of birds, but interest and enthusiasm is more important!