Shoresearch - Chichester Harbour (22/8/17) Tuesday, 22nd August 2017 3:45 PM - 6:15 PM
Thornham Point, Chichester Harbour This is a new site for Sussex Shoresearch and a shore type less frequently surveyed within the programme. This is an area of salt marsh located just north of Thorney Island. At low tide the Prinstead Channel will reveal and area of mudflat.
Shoresearch is a volunteer scheme to identify and record animals, plants and habitats along our shoreline. The aim of the project is to build a baseline of data on intertidal wildlife around Sussex to help promote its conservation.
For surveys, please bring:
- Appropriate clothing for weather conditions on the day (warm clothing and waterproof trousers are often useful; sun protection)
- Sturdy footwear – wellies or other waterproof footwear, preferably with good ankle support
- Drinking water
- A hand lens is useful, if you have one
- Washing-up gloves are useful for poking about in rock-pools in cold weather!
- Collins Pocket Guide to the Sea Shore of Britain and Northern Europe is a useful field guide (although not essential)
Meeting Point: Lay-by at the junction of Thornham Lane and Thorney Road
Nearest Postcode: PO10 8DD
Map Ref: SU764044