Shoresearch - Pett Level (21/8/17) Monday, 21st August 2017 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Pett Level This site is part of Hastings Cliffs to Pett Beach SSSI. The beach is predominantly shingle, with rock pools and the remains of a petrified forest exposed at low tide.
Shoresearch is a volunteer scheme to identify and record animals, plants and habitats along our shoreline. The aim of the project is to build a baseline of data on intertidal wildlife around Sussex to help promote its conservation.
- Appropriate clothing for weather conditions on the day (warm clothing and waterproof trousers are often useful; sun protection)
- Sturdy footwear – wellies or other waterproof footwear, preferably with good ankle support
- Drinking water
- A hand lens is useful, if you have one
- Washing-up gloves are useful for poking about in rock-pools in cold weather!
- Collins Pocket Guide to the Sea Shore of Britain and Northern Europe is a useful field guide (although not essential)
Meeting Point: The Smuggler Inn, Pett Level Road
Nearest Postcode: TN35 4EH
Map Ref: TQ 8922313472