Shoresearch - Bognor (9/8/17) Wednesday, 9th August 2017 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Bognor Rocks, Aldwick This site consists of a sloping, shingle beach with wooden groynes in the upper shore; during low tide an expanse of sand with large, sandstone outcrops is exposed (the main focus of the survey).
Shoresearch is a volunteer scheme to identify and record animals, plants and habitats along our shoreline. The aim of the project is to build a baseline of data on intertidal wildlife around Sussex to help promote its conservation.
- Appropriate clothing for weather conditions on the day (warm clothing and waterproof trousers are often useful; sun protection)
- Sturdy footwear – wellies or other waterproof footwear, preferably with good ankle support
- Drinking water
- A hand lens is useful, if you have one
- Washing-up gloves are useful for poking about in rock-pools in cold weather!
- Collins Pocket Guide to the Sea Shore of Britain and Northern Europe is a useful field guide (although not essential)
Meeting Point: Aldwick Beach Café
Nearest Postcode: PO21 2FZ
Map Ref: SZ921983