Shoresearch - Seven Sisters (24/7/17) Monday, 24th July 2017 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
The beach at Cuckmere Haven is next to the famous chalk cliffs of the Seven Sisters and is a Voluntary Marine Conservation Area. The chalk platform exposed at low tide has been surveyed every year as part of Shoresearch. This site is within the Beachy Head West MCZ.
Shoresearch is a volunteer scheme to identify and record animals, plants and habitats along our shoreline. The aim of the project is to build a baseline of data on intertidal wildlife around Sussex to help promote its conservation.
- Appropriate clothing for weather conditions on the day (warm clothing and waterproof trousers are often useful; sun protection)
- Sturdy footwear – wellies or other waterproof footwear, preferably with good ankle support
- Drinking water
- A hand lens is useful, if you have one
- Washing-up gloves are useful for poking about in rock-pools in cold weather!
- Collins Pocket Guide to the Sea Shore of Britain and Northern Europe is a useful field guide (although not essential)
Meeting Point: Seven Sisters Car Park (south of the A259)
Nearest Postcode: BN25 4AD
Map Ref: TV518976