Shoresearch - Selsey (25/5/17) Thursday, 25th May 2017 3:30 PM - 6:00 PM
East Beach, Selsey This beach consists of shingle with man-made wooden groynes which extend down to the lower shore. At low tide, sand with scattered pebbles is exposed. The site is just outside of the Selsey Bill & The Hounds rMCZ, which lies just to the west.
Shoresearch is a volunteer scheme to identify and record animals, plants and habitats along our shoreline. The aim of the project is to build a baseline of data on intertidal wildlife around Sussex to help promote its conservation.
* Appropriate clothing for weather conditions on the day (warm clothing and waterproof trousers are often useful; sun protection)
* Sturdy footwear – wellies or other waterproof footwear, preferably with good ankle support
* Drinking water
* A hand lens is useful, if you have one
* Washing-up gloves are useful for poking about in rock-pools in cold weather!
* Collins Pocket Guide to the Sea Shore of Britain and Northern Europe is a useful field guide (although not essential)
Meeting Point: Large car park on Kingsway, east of the Museum and Life Boat Station Nearest
Postcode: PO20 0SY
Map Ref: SZ867934