By Sarah Ward
Living Seas Officer
National Marine Week is now upon us and what with all this glorious sunshine we’ve been experiencing lately there really has been no better time to get down to the coast and cool off with a dip in the sea!
Marine Week is all about celebrating our wonderful living seas and raising awareness for the beautiful creatures and habitats that can be found there. So if you’re planning on a trip to the beach why not take some time to appreciate the wonderful environment – perhaps you could go rock-pooling, bird-watching or even cetacean-spotting! You could also do a beach clean, take a hunt along the strandline for some washed up treasures, or make some beach art with materials you find on the beach!
We’ve also got lots of Marine Week events you can take part on..:
- Tuesday 31 July: ‘Ask a marine expert’ online Q&A session (via Twitter)
- Monday 6 August: Wild Beach Holiday Club, Seven Sisters beach
- Tuesday7 August: Sea Life Family Fun Day, Seven Sisters Country Park
- Tuesday 7 August: Mud, Mud, Glorious Mud! Rye Harbour Nature Reserve
- Wednesday 8 August: Rock Pool Bioblitz, Seaford Head beach
- Wednesday 8 August: Rock Pool Ramble, Pett Level beach
- Friday 10 August: Shoresearch, Seven Sisters beach
Don’t forget to share your Marine Week activities with us on social media by using the hash-tag #NationalMarineWeek