Education Volunteer at Rye Harbour Nature Reserve
- Rye Harbour Nature Reserve
- Overview of the role:
- To lend a hand with school visits, wildlife events, a mums and toddler's group, holiday clubs and forest school activities
- Type of tasks you will be involved with:
- Setting up of equipment prior to the school's arrival. Assisting with group activities. Helping with the cleaning and putting away of equipment. Attending training days where appropriate.
- Experience/Skills Required:
- Enjoy working with children. Ability to communicate with all ages, but mainly the primary age group. Enthusiasm and sense of humour. Enjoy working as part of a team. Have a good general level of fitness. Have some knowledge of, or interest in wildlife. (You do not have to be an expert!) Enjoy working out of doors. Be reliable and dependable. Subject to reference and DBS clearance.
- Days/Times we would like you to be available:
- School visits take place during the spring, summer and autumn terms and can cater for up to 70 pupils. Schools usually arrive by 10.00am and leave before 3.00pm. Events in school holidays and at weekends.
- Benefits to volunteer & possible training opportunities:
- Travel expenses and cups of tea!
For further information, contact email@example.com with 'Education Volunteers at Rye Harbour' in the subject or call 01273 497500