Brighton Hit Squad
- Various locations in the Brighton and Hove area
- Overview of the role:
- This is a newly-formed group that meets on a Saturday morning once a month for practical conservation on Sussex Wildlife Trust’s reserves within the city, and will be working on other greenspaces across Brighton and Hove.
- Type of tasks you will be involved with:
- Scrub clearance, removal of non-native species, grassland management opening areas on the nature reserves so it can be better used by Forest School groups and allow for easier management, surveying and community use.
- Experience/Skills Required:
- Volunteers should be aged 16 and over, have a reasonable level of physical fitness and ideally some interest in wildlife and conservation. Experience is not required. All volunteers will be asked to comply under health and safety regulations.
- Days/Times we would like you to be available:
- Meets monthly on Saturday morning.
- Benefits to volunteer & possible training opportunities:
- Travel expenses where applicable. You need to wear old clothes and suitable footwear. Bring food and drink and plenty of enthusiasm! Tools and training are provided, though for some tasks you may wish to invest in a pair of gardening gloves.
For further information, contact email@example.com with 'Volunteering with Brighton Hit Squad' in the subject or call 07771 375 273