Flatropers Wood Volunteer Group
- Near Rye and Northiam TN31 6TH
- Overview of the role:
- Close to the Kent border and in the heart of the rural countryside, this reserve is found in one of the quietest and most wooded parts of Sussex. Much of the surrounding land is Forestry Commission owned plantations of conifers, but Flatropers Wood offers an oasis of variety.
- Type of tasks you will be involved with:
- Tasks will include coppicing along the paths, cutting back bracken and bramble and monitoring wildlife
- Experience/Skills Required:
- Volunteers should have a reasonable level of physical fitness and ideally some interest in wildlife and conservation. Experience is not required. All volunteers will be asked to comply under health and safety regulations.
- Days/Times we would like you to be available:
- Usually one day a month.
- Benefits to volunteer & possible training opportunities:
- Travel expenses where applicable. You need to wear old clothes, suitable footwear, food and drink and plenty of enthusiasm. Tools and training are provided, though for some tasks you may wish to invest in a pair of gardening gloves.
You need to wear old clothes, suitable footwear, food and drink and plenty of enthusiasm. Tools and training are provided.
Please complete the volunteer registration form
For further information, contact email@example.com or call 01273 497562