Ebernoe Common Conservation Group
- Near Petworth and Wisborough Green GU28 9LD
- Overview of the role:
- Ebernoe Common cover almost 200 acres of ancient woodland with glades and ponds plus 200 acres of farmland, much of which is now being grazed as part of the conversion from arable to wood pasture. Although grazing has been reintroduced to this ancient wood pasture it is still necessary to control the invasive bracken and holly and keep the glades and rides open for butterflies.
- Type of tasks you will be involved with:
- Tasks include scrub clearance, removal of nonnative species, grassland management, woodland management, fence repair etc.
- Experience/Skills Required:
- Volunteers should be aged 16 and over, have a reasonable level of physical fitness and ideally some interest in wildlife and conservation. Experience is not required. All volunteers will be asked to comply under health and safety regulations.
- Days/Times we would like you to be available:
- Meets monthly usually a Saturday and/or Tuesday. Meet 10.00 at Ebernoe Chruch
- Benefits to volunteer & possible training opportunities:
- Travel expenses where applicable. You need to wear old clothes, suitable footwear, food and drink and plenty of enthusiasm. Tools and training are provided, though for some tasks you may wish to invest in a pair of gardening gloves.
You need to wear old clothes, suitable footwear, food and drink and plenty of enthusiasm. Tools and training are provided.
Please complete the volunteer registration form
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 497562