Midhurst Conservation Hit Squad
- Various heathland sites such as Stedham and Iping Commons, Graffham Common, Chapel Common and Weavers Down. Meet at Midhurst Depot or on site.
- Overview of the role:
- The group, which works in partnership with the South Downs National Park Authority, carries out practical conservation tasks on West Sussex heathland sites.
- Type of tasks you will be involved with:
- Tasks include scrub clearance, removal of nonnative species, grassland management, woodland management, fence repair etc
- Experience/Skills Required:
- Volunteers should be aged 16 and over, have a reasonable level of physical fitness and ideally some interest in wildlife and conservation. Experience is not required. All volunteers will be asked to comply under health and safety regulations.
- Days/Times we would like you to be available:
- This weekly group runs on Wednesdays from approximately 9am to 5pm; however you don’t need to commit to volunteering every week
- Benefits to volunteer & possible training opportunities:
- Travel expenses where applicable.
You need to wear old clothes, suitable footwear, food and drink and plenty of enthusiasm. Tools and training are provided, though for some tasks you may wish to invest in a pair of gardening gloves.
For further information, contact [email protected] with 'Midhurst Conservation Hit Squad' in the subject or call 01273 497500