West Dean Woods Conservation Group
- Near Chichester and Midhurst P018 0RU
- Overview of the role:
- This is superb example of an ancient hazel coppice wood that is worked in the traditional way by a group of volunteers.
- Type of tasks you will be involved with:
- Tasks include coppicing and preparing hazel for hedge laying rods and stakes and bean poles.
- Experience/Skills Required:
- Volunteers should have a reasonable level of physical fitness and ideally some interest in wildlife and conservation. Experience is not required. All volunteers will be asked to comply under health and safety regulations.
- Days/Times we would like you to be available:
- This weekly group meets every Monday (except in the summer) and Thursday for most of the year. However you don’t need to commit to volunteering both days of the week or every week.
- Benefits to volunteer & possible training opportunities:
- Travel expenses where applicable. You need to wear old clothes, suitable footwear, food and drink and plenty of enthusiasm. Tools and training are provided, though for some tasks you may wish to invest in a pair of gardening gloves.
You need to wear old clothes, suitable footwear, food and drink and plenty of enthusiasm. Tools and training are provided.
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, with 'West Dean Woods Conservation Group' in the subject or call 01273 497562