Wild Coast Sussex Intern
- Location: (Home working with office hot desk at Woods Mill, outside Henfield and travel to sites across Sussex).
- Salary: £9.50 per hour (National Living Wage), plus all equipment, travel and away from home expenses
- Contract Type: Fixed term 12 weeks (within June – September 2022)
- Hours: 21 Hours per week. Flexible working considered. Working pattern to be arranged between Monday to Friday in the main including occasional weekends and evenings to attend events. Paid holiday entitlement.
- Training opportunities: Wild Beach Leader Level 3, citizen science beach data collection BeachWatch and Great Eggcase Hunt.
- Closing Date: 17th May
- Interview Date: 30th May - Interview will be remote via online video platform. Please contact us if you have online access needs.
Wild Coast Sussex
Wild Coast Sussex is working with Sussex communities to inspire and connect people to their local coast and sea and enable them to take direct action to protect the coast and sea. Sussex Wildlife Trust is the lead partner on this exciting project with Marine Conservation Society, Sussex Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority and Brighton SEA LIFE. Our partnership champions the rare and precious marine wildlife found locally, highlighting the extraordinary kelp forests, seahorses and rays once abundant in Sussex which could recover and thrive if given a chance.
Sussex Wildlife Trust have secured National Lottery Heritage funding to be able to offer an exciting internship opportunity as part of the Wild Coast Sussex Project. We are looking for someone with great verbal and written communication skills, who is confident in communicating with a range of diverse individuals and groups both in person and online. You will be able to think creatively to influence our programme of events and have the ability to pick up new tasks quickly. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in the Coast and enthusiasm to share the Wild Coast Sussex project messages. Lived experience with social media and events is an advantage.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Wild Coast Sussex partnership project team and creatively support the project. The role will involve working with the project team to plan, promote and support the delivery of beach events for 16-25 year olds, support project communications including social media and assist with school outreach sessions. There will also be an opportunity to gain valuable work experience and network within the project partner organisations. Training opportunities including Level 3 Wild Beach Leader Training and citizen science data collection BeachWatch and Great Eggcase Hunt.
Sussex Wildlife Trust
Sussex Wildlife Trust is a conservation charity for everyone who cares about nature in Sussex. We focus on protecting the wonderfully rich natural life that is found across our towns, countryside and coast. By working alongside local people we create opportunities for us all to connect with nature and for nature to thrive in even the most unlikely places. Together we can make sure that future generations living in Sussex will be able to enjoy the sense of wonder and well-being that nature offers.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to [email protected]