Location: Flexible TBC. Travel across Sussex required.
Actual Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours Days. Monday – Friday - some evening and weekend work maybe required
Closing Date: 19 July 2019
Interview Date: 31 July 2019
Sussex Wildlife Trust is a conservation charity for everyone who cares about nature in Sussex. We focus on protecting the wonderfully rich natural life that is found across our towns, countryside and coast. By working alongside local people we create opportunities for us all to connect with nature and for nature to thrive in even the most unlikely places. Together we can make sure that future generations living in Sussex will be able to enjoy the sense of wonder and well-being that nature offers.
Sussex Wildlife Trust owns and manages a number of buildings across Sussex and will be opening the flagship Rye Harbour Discovery Centre in 2020. This new role has been created to ensure that all of Sussex Wildlife Trust’s facilities and premises are managed properly and efficiently, as well as to lead on the commercial viability of visitor centres. Key aspects of this role will be the effective management of catering and retail and to lead on IT and Health & Safety for the Trust.
The role reports directly to the Chief Executive and is responsible for the management of up to 15 people, directly line managing three of these. The remit is spread across Sussex and some evening and weekend work will be required.
- You will be an experienced professional with a background in facilities or visitor centre management and experience of managing Health & Safety within a similar environment
- You will have had experience of managing IT infrastructure and service at an organisational level
- You will be a great manager, used to managing a team of people and passionate about customer service
- You will be an excellent communicator, able to communicate complex information in a straightforward and well-structured approach
- You must be prepared to travel across Sussex, sometimes outside core hours
You will be able to demonstrate strong numeracy skills and an ability to interpret financial information. In addition to effective leadership and people management skills you will have a strong customer service ethos and excellent communication and negotiation skills. Strong IT skills are also essential.
This role offers 24 days annual leave access to an Employee Assistance Scheme and the opportunity to help the Sussex Wildlife Trust make a real difference.
Download and complete the forms below