Wildlife Rangers - 12 to 16 years old
Come join one or both of our Wildlife Rangers groups and work for wildlife during the school holidays.
What we do
Identify and learn about wildlife. Carry out practical conservation tasks to improve habitats. Survey and monitor plants and animals. Garden for wildlife. Country crafts. Nature photography. Have fun!
Sessions run from 10.00 – 15.00
£10 per person per session
Where: Various sites around Brighton
Day: Various dates during school holidays
Interested?: Huw Morgan, Youth Volunteer Co-ordinator, click here to email or call on 07771 375273.
Youth Rangers - 16 - 25 years old
Where: Various sites around the City
Day and Time: Every Thursday, usually from 10.30 - 14.00.
Needing some voluntary experience in conservation and the environmental sector? Brighton Youth Rangers is a friendly group of young people with a genuine interest in wildlife who meet weekly and take part in varied outdoor tasks.
Youth Rangers carry out genuine conservation work in and around the Brighton area. We provide a broad range of activities and conservation tasks to get involved with, including: identification, surveying and monitoring of wildlife; habitat management such as coppicing, scrub clearance, hedgerow planting; wildlife gardening; safe use and maintenance of hand tools; basic green wood working and bushcraft.
- Each week we offer a snack and we may cook on an open fire - however please bring your own lunch and drinks.
- Please wear strong shoes and appropriate clothing for the weather.
- Some travel expenses are available, please check for details
- Once registered you will receive weekly email updates with task details and locations.
- Booking essential - limited spaces available each week on a first come first served basis
Contact: Paula da Luz, Communities and Wildlife Officer, click here to email or call on 07498 251486.