Climate change is a global issue and can be overwhelming but we need to rally together and take positive action.
There is still time to make a difference and lots of small actions can, together, make a big impact. Here are some ideas:
- Support The Wildlife Trusts' campaign for a Wilder Future
- Talk to your MP about the support you need to create climate solutions
- Refuse, reduce, re-use, re-purpose and recycle – the less you consume, the smaller your carbon footprint
- Be water efficient – use less from the tap, capture more rainfall, and pour less down the drain
- Avoid single-use plastics and choose re-usable alternatives
- Go energy efficient – choose A+++ appliances, insulate your home and consider switching to a renewable energy supplier
- Reduce the carbon footprint of your food by looking for locally grown/sourced options and eating seasonally-available foods
- Eat less meat and/or make sure it is locally sourced and grass-fed
- Plant a wildlife garden, and grow some of your own food
- Walk, cycle or take public transport instead of driving whenever you can
- Take fewer flights – and particularly short haul flights
- Support the work of Sussex Wildlife Trust
- Help us create a Wilder Sussex
- Be Climate Positive and help us co-create climate solutions. See 'What's your 2040'.